2018年我最喜愛(且驚喜)的西洋音樂是找到Tom Grennan 這把新聲
雖然生於1995年
聲音卻有無比威力
獨特的煙酒嗓讓我一聽便愛上
他是Elton John 也愛慕的聲音

在他的大碟中
我最喜歡的是點題作《Lighting Matches》
在這個失眠的晚上
我決定翻譯一下歌詞
好讓思緒可以暫時不要連到工作上

這是小弟第一次認真翻譯歌詞
希望大家多多包涵
同時希望有助大家理解這首為孤單的追夢者打氣的歌
我把題譯作
《劃火柴》
I've had a long day of it
不知已有多少天
Walking home hands in pockets, wishing on stars that I can't see
我雙手藏於褲袋 在回家路上渴求不曾見過的星星
I watch all you city dreamers, left hometown believers
我看著你們 你們這些離鄉別井的追夢者
Looking down at the ground like me
像我一樣現在只能低頭看著地面
We're all lonely people, lonely people, alone
我們都是寂寞的人呀 孤獨又寂寞的人呀
Going in circles, going wherever the wind blows and it blows
兜兜轉轉 隨風而去 而風卻不曾息
But I'm lighting matches
但我仍在劃火柴
Making a shelter for a flame til' fire catches
仍在守護可能燃燒的洪洪烈火
Stay in the dark another day
或許只需撐過另一個黑夜
I wanna know, will it all get better?
我想知道:一切都會變好嗎?
Are we alone? Or are we lost together?
我們都孤獨嗎?還是我們都迷失了?
Nah-nana-nah-nah-nana-nah
啊~
Are we lost together?
我們都迷失了?
Nah-nana-nah-nah-nana-nah
啊~
Are we lost together?
我們都迷失了?
So I lift my eyes up, let conversation light up
我張開雙眼 讓對話振奮自己
It feels like I've known you for time
我感到已認識你良久
Tell me which piece of you is missing
告訴我吧 你的生命拼圖還欠哪一塊
We all got parts need fixing
我們誰無缺憾呢
It's just the catch of being alive
缺憾是我們活著的印記啊
And I-I-I-I won't strike out
而我不會敗陣
And I-I-I-I won't let it burn out
而我不會讓它燃燒殆盡
Can't make this puzzle with a piece that doesn't fit
不合的拼圖塊 怎樣也無法完成這份拼圖
There must be something more than this
一定還有適合的另一塊
No comments:
Post a Comment